Apply for one of our amazing volunteer opportunities at UKCPA, we would love to hear from you.
UKCPA only exists because of the hundreds of volunteer members who ensure that UKCPA fulfils its mission of improving patient care through excellent clinical pharmacy practice.
We are grateful and immensely proud of every single one of our volunteers.
Applications are now open for the following volunteer roles and close at 6pm on 31 October 2021:
BOARD OF DIRECTOR ROLES
- Education Support (UKCPA Director) | Term: 1 January 2022 to 21 December 2024
- Membership Support (UKCPA Director) | Term: 1 January 2022 to 21 December 2024
- Terms of reference Board of Directors
- Responsibilities of a UKCPA Director
- Application process for Education Support (UKCPA Director)
- Application process for Membership Support (UKCPA Director)
STRATEGIC COMMITTEE ROLES
- Member of Membership Strategy Committee (non-Director) three posts available | Term: 1 January 2021 to 21 December 2023
SPECIALIST COMMITTEE ROLES
- Diabetes & Endocrinology Committee Finance & Governance Lead
- Diabetes & Endocrinology Committee Professional leadership and development in primary care
- Diabetes & Endocrinology Committee Professional leadership and development in community pharmacy
Our current volunteers tell us that they have gained these benefits from volunteering with UKCPA:
- Supporting the next generation of clinical pharmacists
- Collaborating with others
- Growing confidence in your versatility and existing abilities
- Developing your communication, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Developing your leadership, strategic planning and management experience
- Being part of high level national and international projects and meetings
- Getting involved in shaping national guidelines and profession-wide initiatives
- Honing your project management and team working skills
- Learning to constructively challenge ideas, negotiate, empathise and communicate
- Developing your critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Applying for a role
- Review the role description for the vacancy you are interested in.
- If you would like to apply for any of the Director or Strategic Committee roles, please follow the relevant application process below:
Application process for Membership Strategy Committee
If you would like to apply for any of the Specialist Committee roles, please send us a brief CV and a short statement outlining your interest in the role and how your skills and experiences meet the needs of that role.
3. Please send to Marie Matthews via email: email@example.com by 6pm on 31 October 2021.
How does the application process work?
- UKCPA office receives application by 31 October 2021.
- Upon receiving each application, the UKCPA office will perform initial checks to ensure applicants are eligible for the post.
- Upon the deadline for receipt of applications, the UKCPA office will send all relevant documents to the UKCPA Nominations Committee or Chair of the relevant specialist Committee.
- The Committee will meet no later than 15 November 2021 to review applications for role.
- If applicable, the Committee will follow up references provided by applicants.
- The Committee will make the final decision on the successful applicant by 30 November 2021.
- The successful applicant will be notified by 1 December 2021.
- The UKCPA office will send the successful applicant all relevant documentation for reading and signing.
- The UKCPA office will notify all relevant staff and other committee members of the filled vacancy.
For more information
If you would like to talk to anyone informally about any of the opportunities above, please contact one of the following:
- Hannah Beba, Co-Chair of the UKCPA Diabetes & Endocrinology Committee, on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Carter, UKCPA CEO, on email@example.com
More information on all our Committees is available on our website.
We look forward to hearing from you.