Apply for one of our amazing volunteer opportunities at UKCPA, we would love to hear from you.
UKCPA only exists because of the hundreds of volunteer members who ensure that UKCPA fulfils its mission of improving patient care through excellent clinical pharmacy practice.
We are grateful and immensely proud of every single one of our volunteers.
Applications are now open for the following volunteer roles and close at 6pm on 11 February 2021:
- Critical Care – Membership Lead – Term 01/04/2021 to 31/03/2023
- Surgery & Theatres – Standards & Consultations Lead – Term 01/04/2021 to 31/03/2023
- Women’s Health – Membership Lead – Term 01/04/2021 to 31/03/2023
Our current volunteers tell us that they have gained these benefits from volunteering with UKCPA:
- Supporting the next generation of clinical pharmacists
- Collaborating with others
- Growing confidence in your versatility and existing abilities
- Developing your communication, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Developing your leadership, strategic planning and management experience
- Being part of high level national and international projects and meetings
- Getting involved in shaping national guidelines and profession-wide initiatives
- Honing your project management and team working skills
- Learning to constructively challenge ideas, negotiate, empathise and communicate
- Developing your critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Applying for a role
- Review the role description for the vacancy you are interested in.
- If you would like to apply, please send us a brief CV and a short statement outlining your interest in the role and how your skills and experiences meet the needs of that role.
- Please send to Marie Matthews via email: email@example.com by 6pm on 11 February 2021.
How does the application process work?
- UKCPA office receives application by 11 February 2021.
- Upon receiving each application, the UKCPA office will perform initial checks to ensure applicants are eligible for the post.
- Upon the deadline for receipt of applications, the UKCPA office will send all relevant documents to the current Chair of the relevant Committee.
- If applicable, the relevant Committee will follow up references provided by applicants.
- The relevant Committee will make the final decision on the successful applicant by 11 March 2021.
- The Chair of the relevant Committee, or a nominated deputy, will notify the successful applicant.
- The UKCPA office will send the successful applicant all relevant documentation for reading and signing.
- The UKCPA office will notify all relevant staff and other committee members of the filled vacancy.
For more information
If you would like to talk to anyone informally about any of the opportunities above, please contact Sarah Carter, CEO, on firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on all our Committees is available on our website.
We look forward to hearing from you.