Applications now open for positions on the UKCPA Board of Directors.
UKCPA thrives because of our enthusiastic and dedicated volunteer members who ensure that UKCPA fulfils its mission of improving patient care through excellent clinical pharmacy practice. We can offer you unique opportunities for professional growth and development of your strategic and leadership sills.
We are truly grateful and immensely proud of every single one of our volunteers. Applications are now open for the following volunteer roles and close at 6pm on 31 December 2022:
- Education Lead (UKCPA Director) | Term: As soon as possible after 1 February 2023 or to be discussed with successful applicant (three year term)
- Membership Lead (UKCPA Director) | Term: As soon as possible after 1 February 2023 or to be discussed with successful applicant (three year term)
Our current volunteers tell us that they have gained these benefits from volunteering with UKCPA:
- Supporting the next generation of clinical pharmacists
- Collaborating with others
- Growing confidence in your versatility and existing abilities
- Developing your communication, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Developing your leadership, strategic planning and management experience
- Being part of high level national and international projects and meetings
- Getting involved in shaping national guidelines and profession-wide initiatives
- Honing your project management and team working skills
- Learning to constructively challenge ideas, negotiate, empathise and communicate
- Developing your critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Applying for a role
- Review the role description for the vacancy you are interested in.
- Read the supporting documents: Terms of Reference of UKCPA Board of Directors | Roles and responsibilities of a UKCPA Director
- If you would like to apply, please send us a brief CV and a short statement outlining your interest in the role and how your skills and experiences meet the needs of that role.
- Please send to Marie Matthews via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm on 31 December 2022.
How does the application process work?
- UKCPA office receives application by deadline
- Upon receiving each application, the UKCPA office will perform initial checks on applicants to ensure they are eligible for the post
- Upon the deadline for receipt of applications, the UKCPA office will send all relevant documents to the UKCPA Nominations Committee
- The Nominations Committee will meet no later than 20 January 2023 to review applications for role
- If applicable, the Nominations Committee will follow up references provided by applicants.
- The Nominations Committee will make the final decision on the successful applicant by 31 January 2023
- The Chair of UKCPA, or a nominated deputy, will notify the successful applicant by 1 February 2023
- The UKCPA office will send the successful applicant all relevant documentation for reading and signing
- The UKCPA office will notify all relevant staff and other committee members of the filled vacancy.
For more information
If you would like to talk to anyone informally about any of the opportunities above, please contact Sarah Carter, CEO, on email@example.com
More information on all our Committees is available on our website.
We look forward to hearing from you.