The population of older people living with diabetes is growing and it widely recognised that many people as they age will require changes in their diabetes management. With shorter life expectancy, older people often have more complications of diabetes, live with more co-morbidity and are at higher risk of complications from interventions.
This webinar is suitable for a non-specialist pharmacy and multidisciplinary audience.
The aim of this webinar is to look at the following:
- To review the impact that ageing has on someone living with diabetes
- To look at priorities for improving high quality care
- To look at how we might establish targets for older people
- To review how we might treat someone who has diabetes who is mild to moderately frail
- To review how we might treat someone who has diabetes who severely frail
After this webinar, attendees should be able to:
- Discuss what they might do to help people live healthier for longer with diabetes
- Set core individualised targets
- Recognise the need for specialist interventions
Hannah Beba, Consultant Pharmacist for Diabetes, Leeds Health and Care Partnership
Heather Smith, Consultant Pharmacist – Care of Older People, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
To reserve your place, please complete the online booking form here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/type-2-diabetes-in-older-people-tickets-424172059047
Please note that registration will close at 9am on the day.
If you are a non member wishing to apply for UKCPA membership in order to attend this webinar as part of your membership package, your membership application MUST be completed at least 7 days in advance of the date of this webinar.