This event will focus on early pregnancy and the management of problems that arise from conception to ongoing pregnancy, including fertility treatments, pregnancy complications and management of pregnancy loss. Part of the day will also focus on developing women’s health services and the processes involved.
This event has been designed for pharmacists involved in the care of maternity and gynaecology patients. The event is suitable for pharmacists who have specialised in Women’s health, working primarily in secondary care.
The aim of this masterclass is to inform pharmacists of the various fertility management options for couples struggling to get pregnant or maintain a pregnancy. Attendees will also learn about the care of women with problems in early pregnancy including hyperemesis, ovarian hyperstimulation, ectopic pregnancy and medical management of pregnancy loss.
At the end of this masterclass, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the development of Women’s Health Services in your local hospital and write a business case to procure funding
- Discuss the Fertility Pathway and treatment options available to patients seeking fertility support
- Identify medicines used in the management of fertility problems, including those used to support assisted reproductive techniques
- Discuss the management of fertility treatment complications such as ovarian hyperstimulation
Management of Problems in Early Pregnancy
- Discuss the management of hyperemesis of early pregnancy
- Outline medical management of ectopic pregnancy
- Identify pharmaceutical interventions required for medical management of miscarriage and termination of pregnancy
Peer discussion opportunities will be available at this event, which can also be used towards your CPD and portfolios. Advanced booking essential.
Attending this event will help you advance your professional practice and could be used as evidence in your RPS Faculty and GPhC revalidation portfolios. The day will cover Core Advanced and Specialist areas of knowledge.