The UKCPA Foundation Course: Basic principles of pharmaceutical care has been designed to help you extend your clinical knowledge and to develop the skills that underpin the delivery of pharmaceutical care. The course has been specifically designed for practitioners at Foundation level, whether you work in community, primary care or hospital practice.
A series of clinical workshops, led by experienced practitioners, will explore the role of the pharmacist in delivering pharmaceutical care. Each workshop will use clinical case studies to illustrate key issues from both community and hospital settings.
The course is mapped to the Royal Pharmaceutical Society Foundation Curricula and will help you to develop core skills, knowledge and behaviours that are essential for all areas of practice.
You will be supported to reflect on your learning and develop evidence which can be used in your RPS Foundation portfolio.
Skills covered include:
* Consultation skills in pharmacy practice
* Medication review
* Communication skills with patients and healthcare professionals
* Risk management in pharmacy practice
* Skills are covered within a series of interactive workshops and case study discussions of clinical topics
* pharmacists practising at Foundation level
* pharmacists returning to practice who wish to update their clinical skills
* overseas pharmacists new to clinical practice
* Abstract and poster presentation support session
* Certificate of attendance
Fee includes course, registration, materials, lunch on both days, morning and afternoon refreshments
Excludes evening meal and accommodation
*Non-member rate includes COMPLIMENTARY annual subscription to the UKCPA for one year