The aim of this masterclass is to provide the required knowledge and skills for pharmacists who are starting out in critical care.
This popular event follows a tried and tested format of lectures and questions in the morning followed by case studies in the afternoon that apply the principles learnt earlier in the day.
You can view the full event programme here.
- Pharmacists starting out in critical care
- Pharmacists who wish to refresh their knowledge in the critical care area
- At the end of this masterclass, participants will be able to:
- Identify the causes of shock and the balance between perfusion and pressure
- Describe the basics of fluid balance and fluid choice in critical care
- Describe the advanced practitioner framework and explain its relevance to their role
- Inform choices on critical care specific drugs; keeping the patient calm, connected to the ventilator and free from pain
- Describe pharmaceutical aspects of the management of sepsis and septic shock
- Undertake a medication review in critically ill patients
Peer discussion opportunities will be available at this event, which can also be used towards your CPD and portfolios. Advanced booking essential.
Attending this event will help you advance your professional practice and could be used as evidence in your RPS Faculty and GPhC revalidation portfolios.