This workshop is a repeat of the meeting held in Manchester in May 2017.
You can download the agenda here.
Click here for further details, including how to register.
Confirmed satellite sessions include:
- How does NICE drive practice in Type 2 Diabetes? – Natasha Jacques (Principal Pharmacist – Specialist Services Solihull Hospital/Heart of England Foundation Trust)
- Managing type 1 diabetes in Hospital – Sally James (Divisional Lead Pharmacist for Unscheduled Care,Royal Liverpool University Hospital)
- Management of Diabetic Emergencies – Elizabeth Hackett (Principal Pharmacist for Diabetes, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust)
- How to Develop Specialist Clinical Pharmacists – Hannah Beba (Senior Clinical Pharmacist Diabetes and Endocrinology, County Durham and Darlington NHS Trust)
- The Role of Motivational Interviewing in Diabetes and Lifestyle Behaviour changes – Dr Jeff Breckon (Director of the Centre for Health and Social Care Research, Sheffield Hallam University)
- The Changing Landscape and the Increased Focus on the Physical Health of the Mental Health Patient (with emphasis on Diabetes) – Anthony Young (Lead Pharmacist – Electronic Prescribing and Medicines Administration, Northumberland, Tyne & Wear NHS Foundation Trust)
- Managing Diabetes in the Community: Considerations in older people – Lelly Oboh (Consultant Pharmacist, Care of Older People, Guys & St Thomas NHS Trust (Community Health Services)/NHS Specialist Pharmacy Services)
- Human Factors: Considerations of why we make mistakes and how we can make it better – Sallianne Kavanagh (Lead Clinical Pharmacist, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: Joint Chair, UKCPA Diabetes and Endocrinology Group)
- Cardiovascular, Blood Pressure and Lipids: Risk Assessment – Dr Duncan Petty (Prescribing Support Services Ltd: Research Practitioner, University of Bradford)
- How to Become a System Leader in Diabetes Care – Karen Acott (Executive Partner, Wallingbrook Health Group, Devon)
- Diabetes and Renal Disease – Michelle Lam (Lead Diabetes & Endocrinology Pharmacist, Hull Royal Infirmary/Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust)
- The General Practice Pharmacist: Potential for Diabetes Medicines Optimisation in the Role – Sanjay Tanna (NHS Heywood, Middleton & Rochdale; Committee Member, UKCPA Respiratory Group and Practice Pharmacist/Independent Prescriber, Owen Road Surgery, Lancaster)
- Insulin Safety – Kevin Gibbs (Clinical Pharmacy Manager, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust)
Bookings for this event are handled through Pharmacy Management. To book please click here