A joint event between UKCPA and Pharmacy Management (Journal of Medicines Optimisation). This workshop is devoted to medicines optimisation in the area of diabetes.
The day will feature a series of one-hour satellites with delegates able to select from any stream to meet their learning needs and interests.
Download the event programme here
Any pharmacists working in the area of diabetes
Skills covered include:
- Managing diabetes in the community: Considerations in older people
- Managing type 1 diabetes in hospital
- Keeping patients safe: Human factors and a safety culture (with practical examples)
- The General Practice Pharmacist: Potential for diabetes medicines optimisation in the Role
- Diabetes and renal disease
- The changing landscape and the increased focus on the physical health of the mental health patient
- Does motivational interviewing have a role in diabetes?
- How does NICE drive practice in type 2 diabetes?
- Diabetes in the elderly
- Insulin safety
- How to become a system leader in diabetes care
- The Practice Pharmacist’s contribution to diabetes care: The view from AHSN
- How to develop specialist clinical pharmacists
- Management of diabetic emergencies
- What’s the risk: Cardiovascular risk assessment in diabetes
Bookings for this event are handled through Pharmacy Management. To book please click here