The aim of this meeting is to enable the more experienced pharmacist to increase their contribution to the management of the more complex heart failure patients within the setting of their local multi-disciplinary team.
The event will cover the latest guidelines and treatments through a mixture of sessions: lectures, case studies and group discussion.
Attending this event will help you advance your professional practice and could be used as evidence in your RPS Faculty portfolio.
- Hospital based pharmacists
- Pharmacists working in GP practice
- Members of the multi-disciplinary heart failure team
At the end of this event, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the management of heart failure by way of:
– Listing the commonly used drugs, usual doses
– Describing the pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of drugs used
– Describing common adverse effects: – identify & advise appropriate action to manage/ prevent
– Discussing the guidelines for acute and chronic heart failure
- Manage patients with acute heart failure including the rationale and place in therapy for drug therapy
- Discuss heart failure management to patients with co-morbidities including elderly/frail patients, renal impairment, diabetes and other cardiac co-morbidities
- Discuss the role of sacubitril valsartan in the management of heart failure
- Discuss the management of iron deficiency in patients with heart failure
- Discuss device therapy in the management of patients with heart failure
- Discuss the requirements of the National Heart Failure audit and how this data may be used to inform practice at a local level
Peer discussion opportunities will be available at this event, which can also be used towards your CPD and portfolios. Advanced booking essential.