The day will focus on the clinical management of patients with gastroenterology and liver conditions. A wide variety of gastrointestinal and liver disorders will be covered including celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, dysmotility and GI bleed.
This event has been designed for pharmacists involved in the care of patients with gastroenterology and hepatology disorders. The event is suitable for pharmacists who have recently specialised as well as those who are working at a more advanced level. This event would also be very useful overview for those pharmacists who work in other specialist areas such as general medicine or surgery and commonly encounter gastroenterology/hepatology patients in their daily practice. Whilst aimed primarily at secondary care pharmacists, there will be aspects of the day which maybe of interest to primary care pharmacists.
The aim of this day is to equip pharmacists with the required knowledge and skills to confidently optimise pharmaceutical care for gastroenterology and hepatology patients. Practitioners will be able to identify and discuss the main clinical issues affecting patient management in this area, with a wide variety of common gastrointestinal and liver conditions being covered including celiac disease, dysmotility, inflammatory bowel disease and GI bleed.
At the end of this masterclass, participants should be able to:
• Discuss the clinical management of the gastroenterology and hepatology patient
• Describe the diagnosis, current treatment and future therapeutic options for patients with celiac disease and dysmotility
• Describe strategies for the management of a variety of common gastroenterology and hepatology conditions including inflammatory bowel disease and GI bleed
• Outline the key upcoming developments in the management of gastroenterology and hepatology patients including treatment of viral hepatitis
• Discuss and share practice on common “tricky questions” and queries in this patient group, including the need for a washout period with biologics
• Describe the key principles of safe prescribing in liver disease
Attending this event will help you advance your professional practice and could be used as evidence in your RPS Faculty and GPhC revalidation portfolios. The day will cover Foundation, Core Advanced and Specialist areas of knowledge.
In addition, peer discussion opportunities will be available at this event, which can also be used towards your CPD and portfolios. Advanced booking essential.
The pharmaceutical industry has been invited to financially support this event by booking exhibition stand space. Stand sponsors have no input into the content of the event.