This masterclass will cover the key issues in ensuring that older patients receive optimal end of life care in both the acute hospital setting and on discharge to the relevant primary care setting.
The day will focus on:
- Identifying the priority areas involved in ensuring a high-quality end of life service
- Consent and end of life decisions
- Decisions to withhold and withdraw life-sustaining treatments in intensive care
- The importance of effective multidisciplinary discharge planning to ensure continuity of care after discharge
- Examples of best practice
The event has been designed for pharmacists involved in the end of life care of older patients in either the acute hospital setting or across the primary-secondary care interface.
The day is suitable for pharmacists who have recently specialised as well as those who are working at early advanced levels.
The aim and learning outcomes for this event will be released in due course.
Peer discussion opportunities will be available at this event, which can also be used towards your CPD and portfolios. Advanced booking essential.
Attending this event will help you advance your professional practice and could be used as evidence in your RPS Faculty and GPhC revalidation portfolios.
This event has been financially supported by the pharmaceutical industry, including:
Note: The stand sponsors above have no input into the content of this event. Promotional stands from these companies will be exhibited at this event.