The Critical Care advanced practitioner masterclass is an excellent opportunity for all critical care pharmacists to learn, network and develop their practice. As in previous years, we have a wide range of topics, updating knowledge and consolidating treatment approaches, as well as updates on research. Sessions include: an overview of key developments in critical care pharmacy; research – engaging, collaborating and challenges, plus the role of electronic health records in research; and sleep in ICU and the science behind it. The masterclass will also provide advice on identifying the sick patient, a skill particularly of use to pharmacist prescribers but relevant to everyone. We look forward to you joining us.
- Pharmacists working in critical care
At the end of this masterclass, participants should be able to:
- Describe recent national developments in critical care pharmacy
- Describe approaches to starting out and progressing in research
- Discuss the use of electronic health records in optimising practice and research
- Describe the science behind sleep and approaches to aiding sleep on the critical care unit
- Identify deteriorating patients and approaches to managing them
Peer discussion opportunities will be available at this event, which can also be used towards your CPD and portfolios. Advanced booking essential.
Attending this event will help you advance your professional practice and could be used as evidence in your RPS Faculty and GPhC revalidation portfolios. The day will cover Specialist areas of knowledge.
This event has been financially supported by the pharmaceutical industry, including:
Stand sponsors have no input into the content of this event. Promotional stands from these companies will be exhibited at this event. Other pharmaceutical companies have been invited to support this day.